Saturday, July 30, 2011

Book Review: Supernaturally

Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Genre: YA

Rating: 9/10
Cover: 4.5/5 (only not 5 because I personally like the Paranormalcy one better. Must have been the colors I guess)

The great thing with Supernaturally was how beautifully written the ending was.

It started out like a silly, albeit funny book, just like Paranormalcy, and Evie kept making me smile with her weird obsessions and the stuff that made her happy.
As the book progressed, though, it was amazing to see Evie make a new friend, even though her lying to Lend annoyed the living daylights out of me. You'd have thought that after he found out one of the lies, she'd stop there like she'd promised, but no, the silly girl had to keep on pilling the lies one on top of the other, like a house of cards. Obviously, it all came tumbling down, but I won't get into much details so I don't spoil anything.

As for Jack, he mesmerized me. I can't really say I ever trusted him completely, but his character amazes me. He's probably the character with most depth in the series up to now, and I loved him almost as much as I loved Reth.
I also adored how he affected Evie. It was mind-blowing to see silly, funny, frivolous Evie grow up. Now, growing up is never easy, but I feel quite proud of Evie and how she handled it; and the end of the book was fantastically written!
Next one, please! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)