Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Book Review: Hunting Lila

Title: Hunting Lila (Lila #1)
Author: Sarah Alderson
Genre: YA
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 10/10


First of all, let's take a moment to appreciate this cover. My first thought was "I want those shoes!". I still maintain it ;)

Hunting Lila was quite a ride, and I loved every second of it. There were some moments there when Lila's love for Alex bordered a little on almost-creepy obsession, but for the most part, it was ridiculously cute, and definitely created some very great scenes.
I can see that this review won't be as good as it should be because, well... it's just hard to pinpoint what, exactly, was so great about this book. It just sucked me up, and refused to spit me out until I had finished it. I loved the diversity of the characters, and how even the secondary - and sometimes not even that - characters had all this backstory, and were all so wonderfully developed. Almost the entire time Lila was in California, I kept getting frustrated because for me, as a reader, it was obvious that whatever big secret her borther and Alex were trying (not too successfully, I might add) to hide, it had something to do with people like her.
It's always great when you're so focused on the book, that your emotions run away with you, and, even though, if you were being objective and looking at the book from an outsider's view, you'd probable be able to figure out what the best move would be, because you're so immersed in the story, you're about as lost as the characters about what to do. I love that. And Hunting Lila gave me all that, packed it up in this beautiful packaged of a cover and ended it with a powerful cliffhanger.

I think I just found my new favorite author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)