Sunday, April 08, 2012

Book Review: Avoiding Responsibility

Title: Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding #2)
Author: K. A. Linde
Genre: Adult
Rating: 5/5
(no cover, so I added a picture of the author)

Warning: spoilers for Avoiding Commitment, the first book.

I realise this review will be more of me ranting than any actual useful information about the book, but I still feel the need to say something about this, so here goes...

Well, I'll be damned.
First of all, I have a confession to make: I took Avoiding Responsibility much slower than Avoiding Commitment, because after I gobbled down the other book in a day, I was almost as catatonic as Lexi when she broke up with Jack in New York (so much so that I can't even review that book yet), and I did not want to go there again. So I decided it was probably in my best interest to take this book two chapters at a time, so I could come to terms with the events in the book slowly, rather than have it all dumped on me at once.
It worked out at first, but then I couldn't stop reading, and... luckily, this book didn't break me too. I'm not sure I could have survived that again, to be honest.
I have to say though, that I, along with Clark and Lexi's old friends, never really expected Jack to marry anyone other than Lexi... but am glad she stood her ground. Cheers for her. Ramsey grew on me, despite his crazy name, and I'm glad Lexi had the good sense to finally truly end things with Jack; she didn't deserve all that heartache, even though I'm sure that, in his own, delusinal and warped way, Jack did love her.


Great read - and, honestly, even the heartbreak of Avoiding Commitment was awesome because it means the story was so touching. Kudos to miss Linde, who will be soon having the books officially published as e-books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)