Friday, November 14, 2014

Stone Cold Touch

Title: Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: Paranormal YA
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 5/10



"Every touch has its price

Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could.

But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla’s powers begin to evolve, and she’s offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She’s finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay…"

Let me tell you what nearly happened because of this book: I nearly missed going to my uni's Hogwarts society (and not going to that is tantamount to standing the other one up with us haha). I sat down for dinner with it, and just kept reading. My friend had to text me to ask where the hell I was for me to surface. She gave me the stink-eye. I shrugged "the book has a tortured, heartbroken asshole". She sighed "fine. God knows we can't resist those".
Nope. No, we most definitely can't.
And Roth is Prince of them. Almost quite literally. He is a Prince. Just not of hot assholes ;)
There isn't much that I can say about this book without spoiling it, so I'll stick to what I can. Layla's flip-flopping between guys really got to me. It was okay in White Hot Kiss because it was mostly one guy, with the other as the brooding, unattainable guy. But taken away the unattainable from the equation, and boom: annoying indecision. Though to be fair to her, though she was sort of stringing them along two, so were they with her.
Zayne... he really disappointed me. I did not see the little bomb Roth dropped at the end coming, and it really ended ay affection I might have felt for Stony.
I will say, though: I totally called the cliffhanger!
Not that it made living with it any easier, mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)