Saturday, October 25, 2014

Shipping Saturdays #4: It's a Dimka World

Last weeks' winner of Shipping Saturdays was: Sherlock Homes!

Welcome to Shipping Saturdays! Basically, I talk about my favourite ship in a book/series, and then you guys get to vote on which favourite pairing of that book/series you prefer. If there are any couples you'd like me to talk about, let me know in the comments (along with what book they're from, in case I haven't read it yet!) and I'll add them to the list.



This week, in honour of Halloween next week, we're talking vampires! I may be persuaded to do one for the sparkly vamps eventually, but today is not that day. As most of you will know by now, I'm a strong Richelle Mead believer - I'll pretty much read anything she puts out, and most of the times am very happy with it.

Through her books, especially Vampire Academy, I've met four of my best friends today, so I really owe that series so much. But beyond that, it also introduced me to the fictional guy to end all fictional guys: Dimitri Belikov.

Confusingly, to me, some people don't share my love and appreciation for the Russian God of all things BAMF. I don't get it, I really don't, but some people insist that party boy Moroi Adrian Ivashkov (not-so-lovingly usually referred to me by simply Ivashkov) over Dimka.

I will admit that Ivashkov (see? It's almost ingrained in me now, I swear!) was actually a pretty cool character during Frostbite and about half of Shadow Kiss. By the end of Shadow Kiss though, I wanted to strangle him slowly, and I can't say that I was sorry to have Rose dump him (though, I will give him this much - the way she did it was shitty, and no one deserves to be cheated on). Plus, look at how cute Romitri look in the picture! Too cute!

Still, I'm unsure if Adrian fans have moved on from focusing on Rose now that he's a married man, but let me know who you think Rose should have ended up with.

Dimitri or Adrian?
Dimitri, aaaaall the way!
Nope, standing strong with Adrian.
I'm hopeless, and am clinging on to Mason :(
Other (who? Comment!)
Poll Maker




1 comment:

  1. Honestly, would my vote be anything different? DIMITRI all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)