Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Twelve Books of Christmas: Day 1

It's the final countdown to Christmas, so to keep the blog in the Christmas spirit, I thought I'd number my 12 all-time favourite books to give (or receive) as gifts.

Day 1
Pride & Prejudice

Some people don't like Austen, and I get it, in a way - I do. It takes me a couple of hours slugging through her books for me to get used to the old fashioned writing style, before I can get really going and just enjoy the story.

So believe me, I can understand why some people might find sticking through the tough parts a little boring.

But at the end of the day, I just love the socially inept Darcy and the feisty Elizabeth way too much not to judge someone if they say they don't like Pride & Prejudice.

And if you're buying it as a gift for a person who doesn't like reading, the 2005 movie with Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFayden owns a very special place in my heart; likewise, the BBC adaptation (the one with the famous Colin Firth wet shirt scene) is equally as good, so there's loads of options to go with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)